New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Polraudio

Minecraft Server

Minecraft RMXPU Server?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Will you join us?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
  2. 2. Should we do it?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Is using a minecraft server a good idea for site economy?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
  4. 4. Do you play minecraft?

• Yes
    • No
    • Would like to

Server IP: 77.111.250.230 or ligerserver.verygames.net

College is coming down the road and gaming time is about to start so we have decided to put up a minecraft server again. Last one went well and it was a nice learning experience for us.

This time its different. We took everything we learned from last time and put it to good use this time.

If you wish to join the servers beta feel free to, the IP is on the top.

Right now we have a Bio Sphere map till 1.8 comes out. Once 1.8 comes out we are going to make a new map and have it as the main map. Dont worry tho the Bio Sphere map will still be there and you will be able to have access to it. It will function like our skylands map

We have several new plugins that will enhance the way you play.

Iconomy: Our money system.

A shop system where you can actually build a real shop that can be manage its self.(uses iconomy money)

MCMMO: an RPG plugin with skill leveling. EX: higher mining might give you double blocks form mining.

And a bunch more :P

This will be a 99% legit server. Not even the admins or mods will spawn items or any powers to benefit themselves.

Once 1.8 comes out we will go to a whitelist server and all current people at the time will be added.

Can someone explain whats so fun about Minecraft, because I cant even get it to work ...

Everything is fun about it. Its like a big sandbox game. Do whatever you want. Its like Legos.

Minecraft Trailer.

Yea you have to buy beta but its so worth it.

Even with the pretty low quality graphics... it looks epic.

Its very very epic. You can get texture packs to make it HD.

As long as you kept mobs enabled, I'm game. Its not fun unless there's a danger to it.

Yup mobs are going to be on. I cant stand servers with them off. Were going to have iconomy for money. Chest protect so people cant steal from you. Warpgates for when people make towns and stuff. Its going to be a blast.

iconomy is horrid. I, personally, would do without it. Its much more fun to just trade manually in man made shops. I am absolutely beast at designing shops and trading posts.

iconomy is horrid. I, personally, would do without it. Its much more fun to just trade manually in man made shops. I am absolutely beast at designing shops and trading posts.

we could take it out if no one wants to use it

I my self like trading. People can still trade. iconomy is there if you want to use it. Might take it out if we cant find a good use for it. Blueliger is the other one setting it up also.

If you have suggestions on what to add please let us know. Were also looking for a server name.

I'd play it every so often, I'm currently stuck in one atm along with maintainign/ adminning my classic server

You using Bukkit? I know Hey0 stopped but someone made a fix/ alternate for it. I prefer bukkit way over any other software, Some mods that I love are the Wand/ Spells mod, Monster Hunt is kinda fun to hunt mobs at night when waiting for day.

I'd play it every so often, I'm currently stuck in one atm along with maintainign/ adminning my classic server

You using Bukkit? I know Hey0 stopped but someone made a fix/ alternate for it. I prefer bukkit way over any other software, Some mods that I love are the Wand/ Spells mod, Monster Hunt is kinda fun to hunt mobs at night when waiting for day.

Yea were using bukkit. We have Craftbook so you can have gates that open and close, elevators. I will look into the Wand/Spell mod today.

We just got done making the spawn after spending all day yesterday on it. The spawn has a Nether shop so you can trade your useless sulpher in to get nether items. A cake room that we will fill up if empty, so if your hurt at night you can spawn and come eat some cake. The server is mostly islands so we have a boat dock with free boats. Server board so if there are any events being held we will post them(you can hold your own also and post it). Stargate room that will have portals to other locations(towns and stuff the community makes).

In tue future once the server is up i plan on making a PVP Arena where you can fight other players for prizes, join tournaments held and win even bigger prizes. RMXPU members will be able to win points on this site if they wish instead of ingame prizes. I also want to have a PVP zone somewhere for clan wars and such.

Thats just a little peice of the cake on what to expect.

Classic is so pointless... lol

I personally love Classic, it has its own positives as Beta has its positives

@Pol sweet :3 Have you looked in the 'Released Mods' section on their forums? Tone load of mods

maybe a week to a week and a half. atm we are we are getting plugins ready and configured. trying to figure out a name but drawing blanks.

dont want anything with craft in it. craft is to commonly used.

We will be offically opening the server to the public monday. So far we have everything running right. If you wish to help test the server before we open fully here is the IP 77.111.249.18:25565

I voted all yes in the polls :biggrin_002:

I cant wait for it to start. I wont be online much nowadays cuz of exams and me downloading stuff but i will come on later on. Oh and can it be played with the program on the pc or does it have to be on a browser ?

I voted all yes in the polls :biggrin_002:

I cant wait for it to start. I wont be online much nowadays cuz of exams and me downloading stuff but i will come on later on. Oh and can it be played with the program on the pc or does it have to be on a browser ?

Well first you have to buy the beta version which is around $20, after you have it, you can either play it in the browser or download it.

requires java

The minecraft server is now up and running and waiting for you to join us.

Server IP: 77.111.249.18:25565

Hope to see you there :biggrin_002:

Could be some problem with your computer. Your internet is more than enough for minecraft.

It was lagging for you lots even with the lowest settings. You have 2gb of ram which is plenty for minecraft. It could be that your graphics card is not good enough, your proccessor is not good enough, or you have viruses/malware slowing your computer down or it could also need to be drfragged. Try limiting how many programs you have open.

A new graphics card might help, I defragged my hard-drive, but i dont think it helped since it wasn't fragmented much in the first place. And i dont think i have any malware, so it's probably my processor.

also, having only one program open, turning on fog so that i cant see much, and opening it in full screen have been helping, but i still prefer single player right now.