New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
EmilyAnnCoons

RMXP Unlimited Project Discussion

All polls here  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Main Character's Personality type?

• Happy,cheerful,with a tortured past.
    • Crafty,quick-witted,and cunning. The ideal thief.
    • The Robin Hood type. A noble thief that steals for a divine purpose.
    • The silent hero.( A.K.A.: "Link") The hero doesn't really have a personality,it's most decided by the player's actions.
    • The cautious hero. Though,she has never been caught,she is well aware of the consequences. This type of thief steals for survival.
  2. 2. Character Name?

• Kate
    • Kairun
    • Kelly
    • Emily
    • Valerie
    • Other (post required! You must give a name if you pick this option)
  3. 3. Battle System?

• Action Battle System (think Zelda or Kingdom Hearts)
    • RMXP Default Battle System
    • Real-time Active Battle System (think Final Fantasy)
    • Tactical Battle System (no idea lol)

(Side Character info: The cleric's weapon is a staff shaped like a crucifix,externally it appears to by a holy weapon,but it is actually just a sheath,hidden inside is a sword of destruction. There is deeper Biblical meaning behind it,when a crucifix is turned upside down,it resembles a sword.)

In a way this sort of offends me. A weapon? I mean its sounds cool and all, but what would Jesus say, huh? :P

If you really wanna do that then its cool. I really like how there is an evil guy hiding IN your party. Genius.

In a way this sort of offends me. A weapon? I mean its sounds cool and all, but what would Jesus say, huh? :P

If you really wanna do that then its cool. I really like how there is an evil guy hiding IN your party. Genius.

Demons are supposed to offend people. They are demons after all. Jesus would want to vanquish the demon.

Especially a demon posing as a cleric.

Touche', yet still, a demon sacrilegiously using a crucifix as a weapon?

lol demons ARE sacrilegious by nature. Most clerics carry a crucifix.

That's the whole point. You would never expect a demon to use such a weapon.

That's the whole point. You would never expect a demon to use such a weapon.

he's a high level demon in disguise,he can bathe in holy water,dance inside a church,even pray to God.

He can certainly use any weapon he wants.Plus its easy to hide a straight sword inside a healing staff.

He can also use healing magic. He's like the wolf in sheep's clothing.

In the Bible,demons hid themselves as clergy all the time,even the devil appears as an angel of light.

,he can bathe in holy water,dance inside a church,even pray to God.

This is completely impossible for a demon or devil to do. Yet, I guess I am just ruining the fun in the RPG.

Let's just get more opinions on which story to work on.

EMMY!!!!

he can bathe in holy water,dance inside a church,even pray to God.

This is completely impossible for a demon or devil to do.

Umm..... It is possible for one to be able to do all that. Anyway..... We need Emily's opinion on what to do now.

Story Part 4:

The party leaves Furran after burying the rest of the bodies.Advancing closer to the capital where the emperor is. However,the main road to the capital is under surveillance,so they decide to take a "small detour" through

Marius Cave. The cave is filled with monsters,however,they are nothing compared to the might of the emperor's army. The cave is long,almost like a maze,toward the end of the cave,they encounter a giant...uh..turtle!(Yes,a turtle!A fire-breathing turtle!)

A young female knight in service to the emperor is already there fighting it. She was given the task of slaying the creature as a means of proving herself to the emperor.

However,As powerful as she is,it is obviously she is no match for the monster. Realizing she has no chance of winning on her own,she comes to a grim conclusion:the emperor sent her there to be killed.

It is then she sees Valerie's group,and pleads for help.

Valerie and the group unanimously decide to help her,despite her being an enemy soldier.

After wearing it down some,it becomes apparent that Valerie must tap into her power once again.

With the giant turtle destroyed,the knight falls on one knee in front of Valerie.

In return for saving her life,she swears her loyalty to Valerie,and casts off her oath to protect the emperor as well as discarding her imperial tabard.(A tabard is a colorful cloth that medieval soldiers wear over their armor to show what army they're with;for those who've never played WoW.)

Now the four of them leave the cave and continue onward to the capital.

(The knight's weapon:)

She wields a lance with a long chain attached and has short sword at her hip. She harpoons her enemies with the lance,reels them in with the chain,and then decapitates them with the sword;a very vicious fighting style.

(Map Screen uses:)

She can hook the lance into a far ledge,and use the chain to cross over.

More to come in the next part.

Part 5:

The group comes to Seyren Fortress. It was built on a stone bridge over Ena's Canyon. There are four identical forts at each of the four sides of the capital. They work as a filter against invaders.

Unknowing to the group,the cleric has warned the enemy in advance. While attempting to pass through unnoticed,the group is ambushed and locked in a jail cell inside the fort.

This is where Seth first appears.

He has been waiting for a chance to sneak into the capital for some time and sees their capture as the perfect distraction to get through.(There are a lot of very rich people in the capital.)

As a favor for this,he appears briefly outside their jail cell and slyly offers to unlock the door...for all the money they have on them! ;)

Valerie and the group is appalled at his greed,but reluctantly,they agree.

The door is made special. It comes down from upstairs through the ceiling so the lock is actually in a room directly above them.

The player now has control over Seth and goes upstairs to free the group.

Once Seth has unlocked the door,control switches back to Valerie.

Now the group heads to the storage area to retrieve their weapons and armor.

After that,they proceed through the fort. As the reach the exit,they are confronted by an enemy general.

The enemy general is considerably stronger than the turtle boss,but he is only human.

Once worn down,he retreats.

The path is now clear. The group heads into the capital.

(Special Character: Seth is a thief of identical abilities to Valerie with exception to her magic,of course.

He is only playable while Valerie is locked up or otherwise incapacitated.)

More soon!

Part 6:

The group is now in the capital city of Daurius,Emperor Herion's castle can be seen off in the distance.

Word of the raid on Seyren Fortress has reached the city,and the entire city is on watch for Valerie and her group.However,Not everyone in the city is loyal to Herion. There is already a resistance movement brewing against the emperor,and they are eager to enlist Valerie and her friends into their group.

While sneaking through the city,Valerie is approached by a small girl,she whispers for them to follow her.

She leads them to an abandoned tavern. In the basement,they find a group of militia.

They greet Valerie happily as the hero who defeated General Roland,and they beg her to help them defeat the emperor as well. She agrees of course.

After nightfall,Valerie,her group,and the militia head down to a large tunnel which leads into the castle's sewer system.(The cleric secretly warns the enemy of their arrival,yet again.)

They emerge inside the dungeon,which is strangely empty except for the prisoners.

Valerie picks the lock on the dungeon's steel door,and they enter castle's side hallway.

Suddenly,out of now where,a fire ball shoots to wards them,which Valerie blocks with her light shield.

A young girl shouts,"Feyrbrand! Attack!",and a knight wearing black armor and a gigantic sword lunges at Valerie.

The girl's name is Ninian,she is a warlock and Feyrbrand is her minion.

The female knight blocks for Valerie and stabs Feyrbrand through the heart;he doesn't even flinch,and continues to attack relentlessly,despite her lance still in his chest.

Realizing that Ninian is controlling Feyrbrand,Valerie proceeds to capture her.

Ninian shoots fire balls,which are easily dodged,and Valerie grabs her and puts her knife at her throat,and orders her to call off her knight. Ninian has no choice,she calls off Feyrbrand.

He halts in place,appearing almost dead.

The female knight quickly retrieves her lance from Feyrbrand's chest,which he still shows no acknowledgment of;the wound heals instantly.

They tie up Ninian with a gag in her mouth to prevent her from ordering around her knight and leave her in the hallway.She lets out many muffled,frustrated screams.

They proceed to the main hall when they are ambushed again.

This time by almost the entire imperial army.

A very fat man emerges on a balcony above them,laughing. It's Emperor Herion.

One of the generals orders them to surrender or die.

The emperor thanks the cleric for bringing Valerie to him. Valerie and the militia turn to him with a shocked and horrified look. The cleric laughs evilly. Black wings shoot out of his back,and he flies upward and lands by Herion's side.

The militia calls the cleric a traitor and spreads out in defense of Valerie.

They begin to fight a hopeless battle,min while herding Valerie toward the upstairs window,so she can escape.

Valerie,the archer,and the female knight are shoved out the window,and they reluctantly escape,leaving the militia to fight to the death. Valerie's group flees through the castle courtyard and scales the outer wall.

With no choice,but to keep running,the group decides to head to back to Lindain for safety.

More to come!

Part 7:

The group is forced to take a different and longer route back to Lindain. Since they entered Daurius City from west entrance,and they were chased out the north entrance. The soldiers hot on their trail,they decide to head into the mountains along Daurius's northern border to lose the soldiers. As they climb,the air becomes really cold all of the sudden,Valerie's Hand-Made Coat is no longer enough to protect her from the elements. Add that to the stress of running all day night from the enemy soldiers,and she becomes sick and collapses. The archer and the female knight carry her to nearby Osweine Village.

After three days of sleep,Valerie finally wakes up;the knight and archer looking over her.

An old woman comes in with food for them. While eating,they hear screams from outside.

Feyrbrand is walking into the village.Valerie's group rushes out to confront him,but Feyrbrand showed no interest in fighting. He approaches Valerie and stops.

He just stands there like a statue,holding an unconscious Ninian in his arms.

The archer points out that Ninian has a high fever.

They take her from Feyrbrand and put her in a bed and treat her fever.

She wakes up several hours later,with Valerie's group leaning over her,weapons ready.

Her eyes wide with fear. They interrogate her.

After her pathetic defeat,the emperor exiled her from the capital,so she wanted to find Valerie and reclaim her honor. She followed Valerie's group into mountains,got lost,and fainted from exhaustion.

For some reason,Feyrbrand picked her up and continued pursuit.

She simply told him to find Valerie,so that's why he's just standing there,awaiting for more orders.

Ninian realizes that Valerie's group could've easily killed her while she was passed out,and she has a change of heart. To everyone's surprise,she volunteers to join their group.

(New Characters:)

Ninian is a mage-like character with several magic attacks. Her melee attacks,however,are less mediocre.

Feyrbrand is slave character that can only be controlled via Ninian's skills.

He has strong melee skills,but no long-ranged or magic skills.

Okay just so there's not a whole lot of confusion,I drew a map of Valerie's world.

The pink path is the story order of visitation.

Mapofstuff.jpg

I added some stuff to the demo. Not the story,yet.

I've got a handle on making new enemies.

http://www.rmxpunlimited.net/forums/index....mp;showfile=186

@Leon: Can you make Feyrbrand disappear when Ninian is defeated?

Or have any idea how to do that?

I've been trying to figure out how to trigger an event when an enemy is killed.

If you make a game you should have Beta Testers. I'll gladly beta test and send you an .rtf (Wordpad) file of any problems I find.

I also voted other for name: I think we should be able to input a name. I know Polraudio knows how to do that.

Voted for another name...here's a few:

Nox (Latin) - Goddess of Night

Saffir (Welsh) - Sapphire

Zivar (Persian) - Jewel

Teruko (Japanese) - Sunshine Girl

Daichi (Japanese) - Literally meaning "The Earth"

I played the demo and got raped ... if the game is this hard I have no chance.

Hmm, this as improved since I last posted here.

I'll play the demo when I get the chance.

Sorry man, there is no way someone is still working on this. :(

We couldn't communicate properly, which caused the whole thing to fall apart. Get back to work on yer' tiles.

I don't know.. maybe we are all waiting for a massive bump that will get people to start this again. There are two reasons this didn't kick off.

One: People who said they had time didn't.

Two: we were so disorganized.