New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Black Shadow

The Screenshot Thread

"Try it yourself and then tell me" is childish, it's C&C, people who play games don't make maps, they're just going to judge." so true, but you are trying to hard to C&C my map an, It was a 5 minute thing.

I like how that looks!

Reminds me I have to work on the skin for my own menu XD I'm such a noob with that sort of stuff :\

Need a windowskin? First one is on the house.

puzzels, thsoe are always fun.

but no, I do ahve a window skin within the menu but I got AxeRax to make it for me already XD

CFscreen-8-1.png

cfscreen-18.png

oh, I also need the display for the shopping system, the battle system, and overall I desperately, desperately need a photoshop artist x.x god, well, by senior year, hopefully I'll be there.

cfscreen-24.png

CFScreen-29.png

I've already asked two who I know are very good, Hanzo Kimura, pretty well known for his title logos, but he's pretty busy like anyone else, and Elf wind, a good friend, but is just as lazy as me XD

well, I'll get him to do them one day, or I might just go commision someone.

I love how that room has so many edits! I looks really nice, though a little empty. Yet again, these are incomplete I'm guessing.

Really nice!

Cool screenshot Leon. What is that from?

Now... that is a secret.

Super secret project maybe? Oops did i just say something.........

^I didnt say anything^

Nice menu monkeydlu.

Cant wait to play it Leon

^I didnt say anything^

OMGs you just said stuff!

Now that I went ahead and posted I guess I have to show a map of mine. It is just a house in VX. Pretty?

gallery_2908_17_3459.png

I made the sprite in there..

OMGs you just said stuff!

Now that I went ahead and posted I guess I have to show a map of mine. It is just a house in VX. Pretty?

gallery_2908_17_3459.png

I made the sprite in there..

Not bad. Little square for the ground. But thats VX for ya.

Yeah, I really wanna see Enterbrain make some nice tiles for AGM. What should I make next in VX?

Yeah, I really wanna see Enterbrain make some nice tiles for AGM. What should I make next in VX?

Try a city like your desert one you showed me.

This thread is quite... dead (for some weeks, bah!). Some screenshots from my already dead old project which went absolutely nowhere.

Job Change System I made using TOO many pictures, I would say XD

Menu System I made using TOO many pictures as well, but the end result was awesome, nevertheless

Some random screenshot I took right now using a Phantom Brave / Makai Kingdom sprite

There. That's about it. Some old screenshots from my old abandoned project. =D

This thread is quite... dead (for some weeks, bah!). Some screenshots from my already dead old project which went absolutely nowhere.

Job Change System I made using TOO many pictures, I would say XD

Menu System I made using TOO many pictures as well, but the end result was awesome, nevertheless

Some random screenshot I took right now using a Phantom Brave / Makai Kingdom sprite

There. That's about it. Some old screenshots from my old abandoned project. =D

Thats a sweet menu and job change system.

Those are some nice maps man! I love the cosmetic lighting (or is that some sort of script?). At the top of the first picture, there seems to be know way to get into the room at the top. And on the deck, you might want to put on a little more detail. I don't know what but just some kind of detail.

Here is a map I tried to make with only RTP (yes I know that water looks horrid) and make it look gloomy.

Like it?

cloudy.jpg

You can't tell but I used events to change the tone of some of the things in there. There is a oink flower that I turned green, and I made a cool looking tree to the right.

Sweet pictures, I'll have to try to post a few as well.

Edit: Now then.... Gaze into the beauty of my........

NisagesWaterfall.png

Not bad, huh? Note, I had to take three pictures just to get it all into one picture.

Hey that looks awesome!

nisageswaterfall.png

The green circles are where things are to straight, monotonous, or too much of one thing cluttered together.

The red circles are where you are breaking "MAP LOGIC". You have to bring the length of the cliffs down a bit. Why? Take a look. In the red circles, you were trying to make some points where the cliff jets out. This is fine, however, if you do that, you have to bring the cliff down as many spaces as you had walkable areas added. Does this make sense? Take a look at my waterfall (Don't worry, I actually think yours is better when it comes to the variations and where it splits out and stuff. This is just an example.)

waterfall.jpg

Also, that grass is clashing with the water. You might wanna change that, and give a little more detail down there while you are at it.

If you need another example, I just thought of one that would make this easier to understand, so just tell me.

Hey that looks awesome!

nisageswaterfall.png

The green circles are where things are to straight, monotonous, or too much of one thing cluttered together.

The red circles are where you are breaking "MAP LOGIC". You have to bring the length of the cliffs down a bit. Why? Take a look. In the red circles, you were trying to make some points where the cliff jets out. This is fine, however, if you do that, you have to bring the cliff down as many spaces as you had walkable areas added. Does this make sense? Take a look at my waterfall (Don't worry, I actually think yours is better when it comes to the variations and where it splits out and stuff. This is just an example.)

waterfall.jpg

Also, that grass is clashing with the water. You might wanna change that, and give a little more detail down there while you are at it.

If you need another example, I just thought of one that would make this easier to understand, so just tell me.

Well that is my first attempt on a waterfall, I knew there would be some flaws to its design. I'm still trying to figure out how to get the stairs to work, so I left them straight for now. How would you set them up, and what do you mean by "the grass is clashing with the water"? That's a good waterfall you made. Do you think you can "remake" my waterfall, I don't know how to fix anything that you circled?

uneditedwithannotations.jpg

In this picture, I have made a very (VERY) simple cliff. Now the red circles show that I have made some cliff tops on the sides of the waterfall that jet out of the structure. "I (you xD) wanted to make some variation in the cliff by making it seem like one part goes farther than the other, but, in the green circles, I (nisage) didn't remove the cliff parts next to the part I want to be farther out.

editedwithannotaions.jpg

In this picture, in the green circles, I have made the cliff height correct by making it match the size of the red circle part.

Get it? If you don't understand what I wrote, then try to make your cliffs match my cliff.

I guess I'll post a few more maps 'cause no one else is, seroisly, I am the only one posting maps!:

coudyforest.png

mapm.png

jail.png

The grassland map I am not too proud of, but I posted it anyways. In the jail map I was testing some custom tiles (that I made) and testing some screen color tone. Is it a screen shot from super special awesome secret game I am working?

rick3gif.gif

Its called "Never gunna give you up."

^Click Above^

That looks pretty cool.

I think that the middle part (the blue-to-black gradient circle) needs a little more... pizzazz. The font for the title is also kinda hard to read.

I really like the whole background part.